2020 Honda Monkey ABS
Non-US Model Shown
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Start Monkeying Around.
Everyone loves the Honda Monkey. The original Monkey was a 1960's hit; add a few decades of evolution, throw in a couple of bananas, and you get the 2020 Honda Monkey. As much fun as the original, but way, way better. It's a 125cc bundle of smiles, but it's also a practical way to get around town, or to scoot around once you've parked a bigger rig. This year we've added a new, classic Monkey color (blue). Want to move up even further on the evolutionary ladder? Then check out our ABS version. Who says a Monkey can't learn new tricks?
- 125cc Fuel-Injected Engine: Nobody can match Honda's reputation for engines, and even though the Monkey may be compact, this single-overhead-cam design is a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- Available ABS: Our Anti-lock Braking System (on the Monkey ABS model) can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or other compromised surfaces. It's a great choice whether you're using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence.
- Four-Speed Transmission: Sure, the Monkey is cute, but its four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
- 12-inch Wheels: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Fully transistorized
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: #420 Chain; 15T/34T
- Front Suspension: 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 inches of travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin shock; 4.1 inches of travel
- Front Brake: Single 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 190mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire: 120/80-12
- Rear Tire: 130/80-12
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25°
- Trail: 3.2 inches
- Wheelbase: 45.5 inches
- Seat Height: 30.6 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gallons (including 0.5-gallon reserve)
- Curb Weight: 235.9 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: MONKEY125A
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Pearl Nebula Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty
- HondaCare: Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Fully transistorized
- Final Drive
- #420 Chain; 15T/34T
- Front Suspension
- 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. of travel
- Rear Suspension
- Twin shock; 4.1 in. of travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 45.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.6 in.
- 25 deg.
- 3.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal. (including 0.5-gal. reserve)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 235.9 lb.
- Pearl Nebula Red