2016 Honda CBR500R
Stock Image: Pearl White
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
The Best of Both Worlds.
The CBR500R is the sporty member of that family, with bodywork inspired by our CBR600RR and CBR1000RR Supersports. Plus, for 2016, it’s full of improvements, keeping it even further out front. A new muffler both improves mass centralization and sounds even cooler. You get improved gear-shift feel, along with a new adjustable brake lever, and a hinged fuel cap for added convenience. And then there’s that spectacular twin-cylinder engine: displacing 471cc, it delivers smooth power from idle to redline. Twins offer notoriously broad powerbands, and the CBR500R is no exception.
Chassis? Tuned especially for sport riding, the steel-tube frame and Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension let you carve corners with confidence, now featuring adjustable fork preload and new shock settings. And the available anti-lock brakes feature a new adjustable brake lever this year.
A perfect choice for new riders, returning riders, or anyone who appreciates a great do-it-all streetbike, the CBR500R is also an affordable choice. Best of all, it’s a bike you won’t outgrow for a long, long time—if ever.
Race-Winning Heritage: With over 700 total MotoGP victories, Honda’s winning heritage stands far above any other manufacturer, just as Honda’s motorcycles stand out on the street. Our superior engineering and technology put our GP bikes in the winners’ circle and give you the performance you need for the street.
Enough Engine For Everything: Choosing a 500 isn’t a compromise, especially when it’s an engine with as much development behind it as Honda’s parallel twins. Liquid-cooling, double-overhead cams and bulletproof reliability make this a great all-around powerplant for any kind of riding you have in mind.
Sporting Heritage: The CBR500R offers a riding position that’s a touch more sporty but not too aggressive, whether you’re commuting or carving the canyons.
Accessorize Your Style: The CBR500R has a full line of available Honda Genuine Accessories including a sport screen, color-matched passenger seat cowl, and carbon-look accents.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CBR500R engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, ensuring a crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for clean, functional design. The exhaust tucks in tighter this year for better mass centralization (and consequently better handling) while also providing a crisper exhaust note.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CBR500R’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: For 2016 the CBR500R gets new shock settings for improved ride comfort. Its sophisticated chassis uses Honda’s Pro-Link® rear suspension; the nine-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CBR500R’s aluminum 12-spoke cast wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another feature that just makes sense.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power. And new for 2016, the front-brake lever is now adjustable for a perfect fit.
- Supersport Styling: Take a close look. Like what you see? The CBR500R offers all-new styling for 2016 that keeps it right at the front of the pack in terms of eye-appeal. The aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective cooling.
- Step Seat: The CBR500R offers a stepped two-piece seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or winding roads, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Passenger Seat Strap: A handy rear passenger seat strap offers a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down point for smaller items.
- LED Headlights: The CBR500R gets new dual headlights for 2016. The LED lights are small but bright, with a stylish new shape. It completely changes the CBR500R’s presence and gives the front end a unique look while also projecting plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 103 mm (4.05 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 425 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Model Id: CBR500R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red, Matte Black Metallic, Pearl White
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 4.05 in. (103 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 425 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Red, Matte Black Metallic, Pearl White