2015 Honda Grom125
Stock Image: Red
It’s All About The Fun
The Honda Grom has probably put smiles on more people’s faces than just about anything in the recent motorcycle world. And it’s easy to see why: This little pocket rocket may only displace 125cc, but its fun factor is off the charts. It’s a blast to ride—you get all the excitement and freedom of a motorcycle, but because it’s so user friendly and approachable there’s just about zero intimidation. Best of all, some fresh new graphics and colors make the 2015 Grom even cooler.
And the Grom makes ton of sense when it comes to dollars and cents too: You can run it on pocket change, and you can park it just about anywhere too.
So what are you waiting for? Life on Planet Grom is a whole lot more fun than where you’re living now. And the best part is there’s a Grom with your name on it, waiting for you.
All New Colors for 2015: For 2015, the Grom gets some fresh new graphics and colors, so this hot little bike looks cooler than ever.
Plenty of Power: What makes the Grom so much fun? It all starts with a great motor. The Grom’s single-cylinder design is light, narrow, and revs fast. Fuel injection helps performance, electric starting makes it a snap to get going, and plenty of maintenance-reducing features mean more time to ride.
Real Motorcycle Features: Sure the Grom is small, but it’s packed with features just like our bigger bikes. Exhibit A: the four-speed transmission. You get all the control and performance of a standard motorcycle gearbox, and the fun or shifting and deciding when to shift. Exhibit B: Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear give you excellent stopping power.
Sized Right for Fun: With its low 29.7-inch seat height, lightweight, low center of gravity and narrow construction, the Grom inspires confidence, and is a blast to flick around corners.
- 125cc Fuel-Injected Engine: Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Grom may be compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- Fuel Capacity: Who says being practical can’t be fun? With its 1.45-gallon fuel tank you can venture far and economically too.
- Four-Speed Transmission: The Grom’s four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
- Inverted Fork Suspension: Just like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the Grom features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- Single Rear Shock: You get a plush ride, even over choppy pavement thanks to the Grom’s single hydraulic rear shock.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The Grom features excellent 220m front and 190m rear single disc brakes for stopping power.
- 12-inch 10-spoke Wheels: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- New Graphics: New pearl white and yellow have been added to the selection. And red and black are back for 2015 with a new scheme to give the Grom even more attitude.
- Low Seat Height: At just 29.7 inches the Grom makes it easy to flat-foot it in parking lots or at stop lights.
- Two-Up Capability: Want to share the fun with a friend? No problem—the Grom makes it easy to bring a passenger along.
- Multi-Function Digital Instruments: Instrument display features speedometer, odometer, tachometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, and indicator for low/high beam.
- Combined Projector-Style Headlight: Practical and unique looking, the Grom’s combined projector-style headlight is a major styling element and also allows great visibility at night.
- LED Taillight: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Grom’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Electronic
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 220 mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 190 mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70-12
- Rear Tire: 130/70-12
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 81 mm (3.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 47.2 in.
- Seat Height: 29.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.45 gal.
- Curb Weight: 225 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Model Id: Grom125
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Red, Yellow, Pearl White
- One Year: Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke; SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- 124.9 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Front Suspension
- 31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190 mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 47.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.7 in.
- 25 deg.
- 3.2 in. (81 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.45 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 225 lb.
- Final Drive
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Black, Red, Yellow, Pearl White
- One year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.